Cities

Monday, May 23, 2011

First flight cakes...

A couple of weeks ago Matt had his first San Diego helicopter flight. I have a tradition of "surprising" him with an ice cream cake to celebrate his first up in the air experience. Guess it isn't really a surprise after the third time...

This flight, since I had a little more time on my hands (still job searching...), I decided to make him an ice cream cake. It had all his favorite things - ice cream, marshmallows, and peppermints (oh my). It might not have been the best looking cake, but it sure tasted good!
Here is a look back on all of the first flight cakes that we have eaten in the past two years...
Corpus Christi celebration (Sept '09). This is our Anchorman cake - I love pilot.


Milton, Florida celebration (Sept '10). Really can't go wrong with Baskin-Robbins fudge cake.


San Diego celebration (May '11). Kind of hard to see, but it is supposed to be say "I heart pilot" in marshmallows.


Well done, pilot, well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment