Cities

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Comic Con

Two weeks ago it was Comic-Con weekend here in San Diego, Ca. This is when 150,000 visitors transcend upon southern California to celebrate comics and related art forms. There are exhibits, awards, presentations, movie previews, and panels.
 
I have been hearing about what a crazy weekend this is for San Diego since I moved here. I love people watching. People fascinate me. So, of course, I was ready on Friday night to head downtown and take part in one of the best people watching experiences of the year. To be honest, though, it wasn’t too crazy. I mean there were your typical costumes – Superman, cartoons that I didn’t recognize, Storm Troopers, Ghostbusters, and your occasional Angry Bird – but, really, nothing unexpected. 
 
Maybe, just maybe, I will have to bring the crazy next year. I have been known to don a costume, when necessary.
 
Here are a few pictures that I was able to snap…

classic.


i really don't think that it is necessary to explain why we were at a bar where there was a mechanical bull...or if we rode it.


i liked this one.


the city was a bit crowded


the elevator at the hard rock hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment