Cities

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Onward. To Richmond.

We are moving again. Yup, that's what I said.  We're moving....to Richmond!


I just figured that even though we're not in the military, we still need to move as many times as Casey and Matt.  just kidding.

This will be our 4th move in 3 years.  I imagine the police coming after us saying "What are you running from?" (In which case...nothing.) or "What are you searching for?" (In which case...we're never sure.)

NJ ---> VA truck.  hoping we can move in a smaller truck this time.

Long story short, Nick's job did not work out in D.C.  The project he was hired for was affected by the government budget cuts.  Plus, government engineering consulting is not exactly what he thought.  Things happen and that's life.  So per usual, we roll with it.  Nick is an industrial engineer and loves to work on the operations of a company.  He's a logistical guy who likes to make things run easier, faster, and cheaper. I just made him sound like a fast food chain.  ha.  I think it's safe to say that the government and Nick aren't quite on the same page ....??

I said to him, "Why wait? Life is short and this is not the way to spend your days when there could be something else that makes you happy."  Since we are super flexible right now, (I have no job and we're still renting) we can move anywhere!  But as I've mentioned we want to stay in Virginia.  A GREAT opportunity opened up in Richmond and after an intense interview process Nick landed a fantastic job.  We are very excited about this company and this opportunity for him.  He (like everyone) deserves job satisfaction and I am optimistic that he will find it here!

So by the end of April we will be living in Richmond!  This is where I grew up and my parents still live there, so we are going to live with them temporarily.  This statement brings me to a list...a list of things I thought I would never do:

-live in Manhattan
-live in the great state of New Jersey
-move again after moving to DC
-move back to Richmond
-move in with my parents

Nope. I never thought I would be 30, married with a baby, and living with my parents. Maybe I'll start watching this show. But if there is anything these past couple years have taught me, it's that you can't plan out your life. You never know where you might end up!  In all seriousness, we are really grateful that my parents are nice enough to let us live with them for a couple months.

I say "a couple months" in hopes that we buy a house this summer as planned!  yay! Wait, I just said "planned"...uh oh!  We have started to look at houses online, but will start really house hunting when we get down there.  I was overwhelmed to start the house hunt in Northern VA, but I'm excited to house hunt in Richmond!  Adventures in house hunting, home ownership, and possibly some house projects will definitely be posted on the blog!

Although I never thought I'd move back to the little city of Richmond, I look forward to re-discovering it.  It has a lot of charm and is a great place to raise a family.  I haven't lived there since high school, (my college summers were spent in North Carolina) so there is a lot to discover!  I'm also excited to live near my parents and for Waverly to grow up having them so close by.  Not to mention that we have some really close friends in Richmond that we can't wait to hang out with on a regular basis.  Most of them have kids, so there will be lots of family fun!

ready for good times ahead!

For the next couple weeks we will continue to enjoy DC...the cherry blossoms and a Nationals baseball game are in store for us before we leave!


looking pale from the long winter!


1 comment:

  1. Living with your parents isn't so bad, haha. I will miss you so much but I am very happy for the Gupta family!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete