Cities

Friday, March 7, 2014

Discovering Koh Samui.

After Chiang Mai, we flew to Koh Samui, an island off of Thailand.  There is not much to say about it, except for the pure and simple fact that it is paradise.  I tend to build vacations up in my head and have such high expectations that nothing can ever meet them and I was so worried that would happen with Samui.  It didn’t; it was perfect in every way.  

We slept in; we ocean kayaked; we rented bikes and cycled around the island; we went on a snorkeling trip where no one spoke English; we sat by the beach with our mindless books, fluffy towels, and strong tropical drinks; we ate our weight’s worth of Thai food; we visited shrines by the beach; we saw the island from the back of a rusty pick-up truck bouncing along the streets; we popped champagne and told everyone we just got married; we met people from all around the world; we had sunsets that brought tears to my eyes  – it was everything that we ever wanted in a honeymoon.        
    
If you are traveling to Koh Samui, do yourself a favor and stay at Tongsai Bay Cottages (Matt and I can’t give them a high enough recommendation!)  Sometimes I go back to the website just to see their pictures because I miss it so much!

Unfortunately, I didn’t take too many pictures because I was too busy drinking margaritas and stuffing my face with spring rolls (true story), but here is what I captured.



















1 comment:

  1. Lovely place...I get the chance to visit Koh Samui and it is indeed a very beautiful island a paradise, I stayed at Crystal Bay Beach Resort they have the perfect beach soft white sand.

    ReplyDelete