Cities

Friday, April 24, 2015

Odds and Ends.

I’m just going to pretend that it hasn’t been four months since I last updated this blog.  I’m also going to pretend like I didn’t just leave out that fact that we left Japan two months ago (tear, tear) and moved to Florida (yay!)  Instead I’m just going to show you what our last couple of weeks in Japan looked like and then I’m going to continue updating this blog like I never stopped.  Sound like a plan?!

Most of the time was just spent loving this puppy - I mean what is not to love ;)
Getting ready for Christmas (can't believe it is almost May and I'm just posting this...)
Pounding mochi.  This is a Japanese holiday tradition where you pound rice and make mochi.
The Japanese military hosted us and showed us how it was done.
Something tells me they won't be calling us for next year's pounding and it has nothing to do with the fact that one of us hit the bucket rather than the rice.
Enjoying a Kentucky Christmas.
I don't really know the history behind this, but lucky for you the Smithsonian has already done the research for me.
Lots of game nights and festive drinks with friends.
This is also how we rang in the new year.
We also celebrated a traditional New Year with some of our closest Japanese friends.
There was lots of sushi, tempura, and karaoke.
We even had a snow day before we left.
Matt took this of the fields behind our house.
Something tells me that this is the last snow we will see for awhile...
Vacationing in Bali.
More on that to follow.
Enjoying our last meals in Japan.
Mmmmm gyoza from Mankin!
I'll be back soon to share updates about leaving Japan and moving back to America!

No comments:

Post a Comment