Cities

Monday, March 8, 2010

Dog Crazed

Since Cole is a city pup now I thought I'd blog about this dog crazed city....

I am a dog lover....I always want to pet any dog on the sidewalk and oohh and ahhh over the really cute ones. Now I love dogs, but people around here are dog crazed! First off I've never seen more dogs...it seems like everyone has a dog! This makes a friendly Lab difficult to walk when you pass a furry friend every 5 mins, but I must admit it's nice that most people are willing to let him come near/sniff and a lot want to pet him.

Another thing I really apperciate are the large number of dog runs/parks. Cole has lots of energy and loves to run and wrestle with new friends, so the dog runs are wonderful! Central Park also has off the leash hours early in the morning and late at night so we'll be taking advantage of that when the weather gets warmer!

Now onto the dog crazed part...

People love to dress their dogs up....coats, sweaters, fancy collars, etc. I recently saw a dog with a yellow raincoat complete with a hood and a guy with two dogs dressed alike in sweatshirt hoodies under plaid wool coats (I'm not joking!) I've seen more booties on dog's paws to protect them against the cement and weather than I've seen children being accompanied by a parent while playing outside.

Dog spas and doggy gyms exist here for those who think their dogs need extra special attention or need to lose that extra pound.

Most stores let you come in with your dog. In fact recently after a snowstorm we were out and about, Nick was shopping for a coat and Cole got REALLY wet and dirty from all the snow slush and mess. Yet a Banana Republic employee said "you can bring him in, no problem!" I said "it's ok he's pretty dirty, we'll stay out here"....apparently they did not care!

Even though we've entered NYC dog world...don't worry...you won't be seeing this lab wearing anything but a lot of drool and dirt and he won't be attending any gym classes unless it's yoga to calm him down.

At the Hudson River Park in the snow....jersey city in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment