Cities

Monday, June 14, 2010

Leslie and Nick Got Married!!!

Leslie and Nick got married! It was a perfect wedding! And now I am going to make an attempt to describe their beautiful wedding for you.

Stunning – This is how Leslie looked on her wedding day. Everything was perfect, from the dress to the hair.

Handsome – If you mention the bride looks stunning, something has to be said for the groom and his groomsmen. They looked very handsome and it probably took about one fourth of the time to get ready as the bridesmaids.

Unpredictable – The weather on their wedding day. The day started out sunny and clear. As we made our way to the ceremony/reception site, it started clouding up a little. As Leslie was walking down the aisle, there were a couple of thunderclaps. A few rain drops were falling by the sermon. At the exchange of rings, there was rain and lots of wind. Leslie and Nick got to walk down the aisle and then came the monsoon. Luckily, it was a summer storm and only lasted about 20 minutes. It made for great pictures and Leslie made the decision to get a second tent ( ;) ) so everyone was dry.

Tear-jerker – Leslie and Nick’s vows. They wrote their own vows – my first “vow written” ceremony. I won’t even go into how many tears I saw as they were reading. Very impressive…

Idyllic – Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens. If I had to picture somewhere for Leslie to get married, this would be the place. Words do not do it justice. There were flowers blooming everywhere, little secret paths through the gardens, bubbling brooks (I kid you not), and so much more.

Delic – What other word can describe amazing crabcakes, beef-something mouthwatering, Greek bean bake (I swear, more people talked about this dish than anything else…), and (my favorite) mashed potatoes!!!

Yummy - What I heard many people say about the wedding cake. My streak continues of never tasting a wedding cake. Apparently I can’t be pulled from the dance floor long enough to enjoy the vanilla/chocolate concoction.

Rockin’ – This was the word Matt used to describe the band and I have to agree. They really got the stamp of approval with the last song choice. After claiming they stayed up all night writing an original song for Leslie and Nick (I was a little more than annoyed – who plays an original song at a wedding?), they broke out with “Don’t Stop Believing” to the screams of the crowd. It was a perfect way to end the reception (if you take away my moment of dropping a beer half way through the song and beer spraying all over everyone).

Jealous – How I felt when they left for 10 days in Hawaii;)

Overall, I can’t think of anything that could have been better. It was very Leslie and Nick and what more can you ask for.

Here are just a few (amateur) pictures from the Guptas big day.

Leslie's Bridesmaids...best ever!

The Guptas!!!!!!!!!!!

Vaca buds...where are we going next?

Why can't we live closer...

1 comment:

  1. Leslie your dress was beautiful! Casey I love the long hair!! AND, I love the Sam's Summer Ale in the pics!! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete