Cities

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

California Girls - Part 2

During the week Casey had to work, so I would drop her off in the morning and set off for a different beach each day. In the evening we would do something fun together. It was nice to drive around and explore on my own...sometimes I like doing things like that and having quiet time to myself, it's super relaxing.

So in pictures here's how the week went...

Monday was a catch up on sleep and some work day...that evening Nick, Matt, Casey, and I met up at the Coronado dog beach and watched Sadie sprint (not run) for about an hour without stopping. It's impressive...Cole would not be able to keep up since nowadays he tips the scale at 105 lbs...!

Delicious Italian dinner at night with our good friend, Chris (one of Nick's best friends from high school who lives on a sweet houseboat in San Diego)




Tuesday was Moonlight Beach in Enchinitas, CA and Taco Tuesday!





tons of surfing going on...


Taco Tuesday is a San Diego city-wide event....notice anything weird about the picture below?






Wednesday was Ocean Beach where I ate a ridiculous hamburger at Hodad's and did a little antique window shopping. That evening Casey, Matt and I took a surfing lesson!! It was so much fun. Here's Casey's take on it:

In my mind, I have always been a surfer. Someone that grabs her board and wet suit after work and just hits the waves for a couple of hours - footloose and fancy free. In reality, I am usually sitting on the sand watching the surfers, worrying about whether or not I have enough food at home to pack my lunch for the next day. But not when Leslie was here. When Leslie was here - we did it!

Matt, Leslie, and I set out to Coronado on a Wednesday evening and hit the surf. We had an awesome (and patient) surfing instructor with Coronado Surfing Academy, who showed us all of the basics. The entire experience was so peaceful - the sun was setting, the water was cool, and the waves were crashing around us. It was perfect. As I find myself doing often these days, I kept thinking, slow down. I want this night to last longer. I didn't want to leave until there was no more sunlight. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end (that and we only paid for 90 minutes:)) So we packed up our gear and headed home for pizza and beer. All in all, not a bad Wednesday evening with two of your favorite people.







the waves at Ocean Beach that day were HUGE and hit the pier..crazy swells dude.






Getting the wetsuits on was not easy...


 



 







nice evening to catch some waves...

 


Thursday is when Tina arrived! I picked her up at the airport and we headed to Del Mar for an oceanside lunch (fish tacos...yum!) and some sun at the beach :)





Later that day we all went out to dinner and drinks to kick off Labor Day weekend...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment