Cities

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy California Fall

I think that most people assume that it is always warm and sunny in California.  You will quickly find out that this is not the case.  In the evenings there is a cool chill in the air, especially where we live because it is by the water.  Even though there is always this cool breeze, I think that I like it best in the fall.  It reminds me of home.  Though I might not be seeing the beautiful Virginia falls of my past (oh Blackburg, Virginia, how I miss your falls!) or getting snow in October (that was a bit crazy), I have noticed that San Diegans are doing their best to make it feel like autumn.

A perfect example of this is Halloween.  Since we live in downtown San Diego, there is no real opportunity for the kids to go trick-or-treating.  Instead, the Little Italy businesses passed out candy for a couple hours on Halloween night.  Here are some pictures of our Little Italy Halloween...

Our trick-or-treater.
We had to bribe her with treats to sit still for the picture.
Three seconds later and she was tearing the pumpkin off.
Gotta love free candy.
A little dry ice makes everything spookier!
Door decorations.
Trick-or-treat on India Street.
Pumpkins at the local market.
Creative carving by one of the local restaurants.
Handing out candy.
Happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment