Cities

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmassy activities

My parents came to visit this past weekend and it was GREAT having them.  I realized mid way through their visit that I have never been able to have them visit and stay for a couple days in my home.  In the townhouse Nick and I rented in Arlington, we lived close enough that my parents never stayed the night.  In Manhattan, our place wasn't big enough for them to want to stay, so they got a hotel.  So, I really enjoyed them being comfortable in our new place.

Mom and I ran errands...Nick and I cooked dinner and we toasted to Christmas...we made a fire and watched "The Help"...made brunch...went into NYC and saw the Grand Central Christmas shops and Rockefeller Center with the BIG tree...saw the Nutcracker at The Lincoln Center...had a delicious dinner in the west village at Spasso...made Christmas cookies...wrapped presents...relaxed and got pizza delivered!

Seeing the tree at Rockefeller Center has become an annual tradition for Nick and I since we have seen it the past 3 years.  Despite the crazy crowds, it's a gorgeous site and make me feel like its Christmas!  Seeing the Nutcracker has been an annual tradition for my mom and I for as long as I can remember...many, many years of seeing the Richmond Ballet perform the show.  One year we saw the Washington Ballet in DC and this year the New York City Ballet.  Every version is slightly different with the costumes, set, and which parts of the story they tweak a bit.  I loved it this year and going to the Lincoln Center was really awesome!

Thanks again for coming, Mom and Dad!  we loved having you!  Next stop...Wilmington, Delaware and Philadelphia for Christmas weekend with the Guptas!

Grand Central in all it's Christmas glory


Grand Central during Christmas

Grand Central market...yum!

Rockefeller Center

in front of the tree!

my parents in front of the Rockefeller tree!

the tree!

in front of the Lincoln Center

in the Lincoln Center

Spasso

cookie cutting


butter cookies...recipe from my great Nana Blum


yumm.


No comments:

Post a Comment