Cities

Monday, December 12, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Hello!  Happy Holiday season...I must admit that I love being in the northeast and especially near NYC around this time of the year.  New York is so magical during Christmastime and I am also loving being in the suburbs/countryside where I get to see all the houses lit up, Christmas tree stands on the side of the road and the town center shops looking so festive.

We have had a great past couple of weeks...lots of fun get togethers with friends and have really been "nesting" as I like to say in our new place.  Nick surprised me with Broadway tickets to see Lion King for my birthday and we hit up Shake Shack afterward.  Shake Shack is a NY institution and we have yet to go!  It's a hot dog, burger, milkshake joint...yum!



i am wearing rainboots b/c it was pouring...nick chooses style over practicality and looks pretty good lookin' in this pic, i must say!  that's a cute husband i have!


mufassssa.


me with a shake in front of shake shack!

Our friends, Tina and Joey came up from DC for a weekend and I loved having them stay with us...they actually got their own room, bed and full bath!  An upgrade from the air mattress that Cole loved to jump on and sharing a tiny bathroom...right?!  We all had a great dinner with some friends (new residents of NYC), Kerby and Meredith, at one of my all time fav restaurants in the city....Extra Virgin.  There were many members of the clean plate club and many empty wine bottles that night!


Tina, me, Meredith

For Thanksgiving we drove south to Richmond, VA.  We spent thanksgiving with my family and got lots of quality time in with my little niece...who has quite the personality these days!  She definitely knows what you're saying when you talk to her now, she's walking/running all over the place, and has a high pitched squeal when she wants or doesn't want something...pretty funny!  She is just so cute with little bows and clips in her hair now...and she loves Uncle Nick!  It was so sweet to see her climb into his lap and have him read her a book...I was laughing though b/c it was for 1 min intervals over and over. It was very fun playing with her and being with family....the weather was incredibly warm which was so nice!



we were telling Caroline how to cheer on the Eagles against the Patriots while her daddy wasn't around

December has brought on the cold weather and all the Christmas decorating and festivities!  We got a large Christmas tree this year and it's turned out so nice...I love looking at it and the colored lights make it fun :)  I wanted to buy from one of the local farms or nurseries, but we have figured out that on week days most things close early!  Restaurants and the grocery store are open till 9, but we can barely get pizza delivered past 8....big change to our lifestyle!  So after heading down some dark, dirt country roads, we went to home depot to buy a tree....gave our $$ to the man. :( 






had a nice fire this weekend...but quickly realized we had no fireplace tools...opps.

I did buy a wreath from a local nursery though!



Although we're all unpacked, I haven't hung too many things on the walls yet and we've been waiting on furniture that we've bought...big purchases that will last a LONG time...couch, desk, ottoman, dresser.  So a tour will have to wait...


I actually have an office! 

We had some more friends visit...Trace and Natalie (we're going skiing in Colorado together January!) from Boston.  Game night with wine till 4am, lunch at Eataly, ice skating a Bryant Park, Hokie game at our favorite sports bar (3 Sheets Saloon in the village), then brunch and shopping in Soho on Sunday. During our time in the city, I also got to see one of my best friends, Allison and her new hubby Jared who joined us for ice skating!  so fun to have people in the city this time of year.  Trace and Natalie make us laugh so much and we absolutely love hanging out with them...we're so lucky to have friends like that!


Flatiron District

Eataly...love it...yumm.

after whipped cream cappuccinos, prosciutto on italian bread, and margherita pizza


Allison and I...she was ready for to watch the Hokies game!

Byrant Park ice skating...Jared's from Michigan, so naturally he's semi-pro.



We are so grateful to have friends and family (my parents this weekend!) come to visit us this time of year...we love having them! Thanks for visiting...can't wait to see you again!

Love from Jersey!

No comments:

Post a Comment