Cities

Monday, September 3, 2012

Paddling Around

I have wanted to try paddle boarding for a while and when my mom came to visit a couple of weekends ago it was the perfect excuse to get out there and learn.  Matt, Mom, and I took a quick lesson and then hit the water.  After just a few short minutes paddling around I knew that this was the sport for me.  I can’t remember a time when I have felt so at peace – being on the water, taking time to look around and soak in the beautiful surroundings, trying something new and adventurous – it was incredible.
 
We started in the marina and moved on to the bay where we paddled around the water surrounded by barking seals.  I am not kidding – there were seals everywhere!  We could have reached out with a paddle and touched one.  This might be a common experience for those who grew up in SoCal, but I can promise you that I have never seen anything like it.
   
We might have a few more tries before we hit the open ocean, but I can guarantee you that it won’t be long before we get on those paddleboards again.     

 





ended the day at hodad's with strawberry shakes and fried onions!

1 comment:

  1. awesome...wish we had done this when I visited, but it will leave something for us to do next time!

    ReplyDelete