Cities

Monday, April 5, 2010

Congrats, it's a girl!

This morning I woke up with babies on the brain and could not go back to sleep. Not because I want a baby just yet, but because recently I seem to be surrounded by them. 
 
Here is a recap of my baby week…
 
Last Sunday, Matt and I went to a barbecue at a new friend’s house. Of the four girls there, two were pregnant. Both are due in the next couple months and needless to say, babies dominated the conversation.
 
On Wednesday, our Texas Hokie friends had a little baby girl (Natalie). She is already sporting a future Hokie onesie and will be ready for football season in no time.
 
On Thursday, our Marine friends had a little baby girl (Evelyn). She is beautiful and is our new favorite Ranger!
 
On Friday, Jacque came to visit! YEA!!! She is my first pregnant friend from home. Not only is she an adorable mom-to-be, but she is a wealth of knowledge. I would expect nothing less from my favorite book-loving English teacher. She has even become an expert on non-alcoholic beers (even though she can’t wait for the real thing…). Here we are enjoying our non-alcoholic Warsteiners on my porch.

Please don’t get the wrong idea; I am in no way complaining about my baby week; in fact, just the opposite. I have loved it. I love hearing the stories and hearing the excitement as my friends plan for their new families. I love hearing the new Dads talk about their little girls. I love buying the baby clothes and learning about their birth plans. But just because I love it, doesn’t mean I’m ready (Sadie is about all I can handle…) 
   
For now, I’m just baking casseroles (while drinking a nice big glass of red wine)…

No comments:

Post a Comment