Cities

Sunday, October 17, 2010

NEWS FLASH...I am an Aunt! Caroline has arrived!

I think being an Aunt is going to be my favorite new role...mostly because my niece is the sweetest little cupcake and the most special tiny peanut out there.

While I was in Richmond on Sept. 18th visiting friends, I got a call from my brother, Andy that Shannon had had a little girl! I was really really surprised because Shannon wasn't due for another 6 weeks...also a little worried to make sure everything was ok, but mostly ecstatic to hear the news!

As the day went on we heard updates on how mom and the baby were doing and everything continued to sound positive. She was a little thing coming in at 4lbs 6oz! The next day we heard her name...Caroline Elizabeth Smith...so pretty.

Shannon stayed in the hospital till the following Wednesday while Caroline was in the special care nursery for about a week and a half. She was very pink and healthy while gaining weight steadily and feeding like a champ!

The week in between when she was born and when we headed to Boston..i was dying of anticipation to meet her. We headed up on Friday night...baby gifts in hand and got to spend a lot of time in the hospital visiting with Caroline and her new parents on Saturday afternoon and then again briefly on Sunday. She was soooo tiny and asleep, but we got to see her get fed and burp and hold her for the first time!

Last week I got to snuggle with her after she had come home and she is doing great!! getting bigger and bigger...smiling a little and has started to open her eyes and look up me :) She is sooo little and snuggly - i love holding her! i think she likes her aunt leslie because every time i gave her a little kiss on her sweet cheek she smiled! She also stopped fussing when i held her and rocked her a little...then I gave her a high five when the eagles scored and told her we would go shopping together one day. So I'm pretty sure I'm her favorite aunt...even if I'm her only aunt, haha.

Mom and Dad Smith are doing great and getting the hang of changing diapers, feeding, burping and doing all things baby. Now she's over 5lbs and getting cuter by the day...can't wait till we get to see her again!

Our Visit in the Hospital





Now that she's home...up to date pics Shannon has sent us during the week.
With socks on!


Smiling


wide awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment