Cities

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Regular Blog Post....

BEER REVIEWS!

Thanks for your responses! I'm happy to serve as your personal beer reviewer...might as well, since I try enough beers and drink enough for a living. Once a month I'll give you a couple new beers I've tried and my thoughts. I'll try to review beers you can get locally and try for yourself. Just to help my own cause a little, I'll tell you my current favorite Sam Adams too!

Sam Adams Octoberfest...sooo good! Casey's favorite and mine too. It's a dark amber color which just invites you to the fall season right away. Made with 5 malts, it's pretty full in flavor and a little sweeter from the caramel malt. You can taste caramel, toffee, and a little roastiness. so smooth...this is truly a german mairzen session beer...meant to drink at a big long table with friends, stein after stein.



Goose Island IPA...a great india pale ale. If you like hoppier beers but aren't thilled with having your mouth pucker from the bitterness of the likes of Dogfish, this is the beer for you! Clear and golden with a nice white foamy head...looks pretty delicious when poured on draft. Very clean and crisp while having lots of flavor and a light spice lingering at the end of the hops. Goose Island is a brewery from Chicago and make a lot of aweosme brews...you should be able to find it in most places because Bud has the distributing rights...so it's everywhere - find this one!



Brooklyn Lager (because I'm in NY)...smooth amber colored full flavored lager. has some sweetness from the malt and a hint of hop bitterness but neither are prominent or overpowering. just a nice mellow beer with flavor. compared to sam adams boston lager there is a lot less hop spice in Brookly Lager. quite enjoyable...no wonder it sells so well in nyc!


Long Trail Ale (because I was in vermont)...all their beers are rretty blah. tastes like earth...which is a common hop quality which can come out in the aroma of the beer. But shouldn't come out in the taste! These beers taste like you dug up some earth and mixed it with a light ale.



inappropriate beer drinking...this is at Matt's going away party and that would be his good friend Ross and Casey in the picture with me...can you spot Nick in the background?


appropriate beer drinking in Breckenridge, CO.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha - I love this post! I'm going to go to my local beer store right now and pick up a six-pack. Well, maybe after work, not during. We are not all so lucky to be able to drink on the job:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete