Cities

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

Frosty the Snowman playing over the loudspeaker at Hobby Lobby…Christmas trees displayed at Home Depot…all before Thanksgiving! Nope, doesn’t bother me at all. I am one of the few people that does not mind seeing Christmas decorations up in October. I love knowing that the holidays are right around the corner. One of our neighbors put up their Christmas lights the week after Halloween. I would purposely walk Sadie by their house every night because it made me happy to sneak a peek into their house and see their Christmas tree all lit up with white sparkly lights. 
 
Last year we set up our Christmas decorations and tree on Black Friday. This year, since we were traveling on Thanksgiving, we were a bit behind. But I am now happy to say that our house is Christmas-ready. Bring it on, Santa Claus! 
 
The tree made it home - safe and sound

Finally joining the rest of the neighborhood and putting our lights up


Sadie got her own tree and proceeded to eat it


Our Christmas scene


I LOVE mason jars, so here are some Christmas ones. I got this idea from a blog that Leslie told me about - The Inspired Room (http://theinspiredroom.net/) They have such great (easy) decorating ideas.


Sadie's tree (yep, she's that spoiled)


Our Christmas tree skirt made for us by my Mom's side of the family. This is the traditional wedding gift from the women of the family. It is decorated with our hobbies, important parts of our pasts, and special moments for me and Matt.


Adding a little Christmas tree to every room:)

No comments:

Post a Comment