Cities

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pizza, Parties, Pottery, and Promotions

All those Ps in just a couple of days! Last weekend was the first time that Matt did not have to fly in the past eight weeks. A full Saturday and Sunday off – oh, the possibilities. We were looking forward to a lazy lay around the house kind of weekend. Needless to say, lazy and two weeks before Christmas do not quite go together. So instead the weekend turned out to be quite busy, but fun-filled.
Here is the quick version of our “lazy” weekend:

  • Ozone Pizza Pub in Pensacola for a good-bye party for our friends, J and Katy. OPP is a cool pub that is built in an old psychiatric hospital. It is in the basement and we are pretty sure it might be the old morgue – talk about creepy. Regardless - it has good pizza and great beer selection – so who I am to judge!
  • What could be better than starting a Saturday morning with an All Star breakfast special at WaHo (Waffle House for you northerners…) If you have never been to a WaHo, you need to get to that yellow and brown building as quick as possible. Best bang for your buck! For less than $7.00 I got a waffle, two eggs, sausage, hash browns, and toast. And I enjoyed every bite…
  • Cookie swap with the Bridge Club (and no we have never played Bridge…) I made my famous pretzel Christmas cookies. Leslie and Tina can attest to how good and, more importantly, easy these are to make for the holidays. Many Christmases have been spent making these cookies in our old Birchwood apartment. I also made gingerbread men cookies, which the guys decorated. These were favorites at the exchange because of the creativity of Karl and Matt.
  • Pottery painting with Angie and Leah. Angie is a friend that I met this year at work. It is almost creepy how much stuff we have in common. I won’t get into specifics except to say that she has lived in Arlington, Corpus, and Pensacola. Where have I spent the last three years of my life – Arlington, Corpus, and Pensacola. One more thing that we have in common is pottery painting, which we did on Sunday.
  • The most exciting part of the last few days has been the last P, promotion! Matt was promoted on Monday afternoon from Ensign to Lieutenant Junior Grade. It marked his second year in the Navy. And what kind of wife would I be if I didn’t show up to his promotion with my camera in hand ready to capture every momentJ Congrats, Mattie!
Did I say quick version…I meant very wordy versionJ For those of you that made it through, here are some pictures to reward you…

The girls at OPP - Me, Natalie, Katy, and Sara.
Natalie, Sara, and I have been together since Corpus!


Last ones standing...


What a great husband...helping me make cookies


If only you could see these cookies up close;)


Yummmmmm


Pottery painting at Fort Walton Beach. Leah, Angie, and me.
I'm ready for the Orange Bowl!


Matt's promotion ceremony - I got to pin on his bars.


Me and LT jg Swartz

No comments:

Post a Comment