Cities

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Update from New York City!

Big apologies to our readers and to Casey for being so MIA on blogging! Life has been busy and my work schedule is always busier during the holidays...highest beer sales of the year are around the holidays. This year it just got a little more hectic because I received a promotion and am taking on a new position in the company while still finishing my current job till the end of the year.

I'm really excited about the promotion...it's a big jump for me within the company and a role that I really wanted. My current role was managing and selling to large bar groups and all the bars/restaurants in lower Manhattan...peddling beer on foot :) My new job will be managing two beer distributors for our brand in Northern NJ (7 counties) and managing two reps who sell in different territories. I'm excited to manage people even though I know it can be "interesting" at times. The best part about my new job is we don't have to move and if we choose to move to NJ, it won't affect Nick's job.

Sooooo to sum it up - good changes, but they make life busy!!

Here's what we've been up to in the past month....

-great Thanksgiving in Delaware with Nick's family. Included brunch with my father in law and his girlfriend in Philly followed by Thanksgiving dinner with my mother in law's side of the family in Delaware.

Thanksgiving brunch in Philly


watching the VT-UVA game in Delaware with our friend Josh



-had lots of friends in town the first weekend in December...saw an awesome local theater play...my friend Abby did the set design, check it out here. Watched the ACC championship game with fellow hokies who were in from out of town and had a blast!

with my friend from college, Jamie and her boyfriend Brian at the NYC - VT Alum bar in the East Village



-made a trip to Richmond to visit with my college girlfriends and my parents. My friend Colleen had a beautiful baby girl, Molly and it was so fun to hold her! Then we had a great Christmassy night seeing the Nutcracker and having dinner with my parents. We also managed to squeeze in some quick visits with friends in DC on the trip up and back...cole thoroughly enjoyed playing with his buddy, Gus - tina and joey's dog and meeting Charlie - tracy and joe's puppy. It was quite a weekend...Phew.

Coley and Gussy.


Gus stole Cole's bone...but Cole didn't seem to mind!


Molly with her Aunts - me and Melissa


loving on sweet miss molly


molly with her momma, colleen!


Got Nick to the ballet...enjoying the Nutcracker!


Nutcracker in Richmond...perfect holiday event!


Dinner at the Jefferson Hotel with my parents


huge gingerbread house at the Jefferson.


so that's what's up with us here in New York...I'll be posting a blog on tuesday about Christmastime in NY! We have loooooved being in the most festive city this time of year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment