Cities

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Balancing Act

Life is a balancing act...that much I have learned in the past 2 months. I don't even have kids and I feel overwhelmed sometimes...I can't even imagine how to balance that. Some people look like they can do it all...spend time with friends, cook, take time to be creative, work out, excel at their career. All I can say is do these people sleep??

I'm not a type A, never have been...never will, but I'm type A about certain parts of my life and that includes my job, a clean house, and good relationships. Honestly right now I am finding it pretty hard to get caught up with work and learn a new job while making sure to prioritize family and friends. Not to mention hobbies...what's "exercise" again? I know it's about making your priorities but sometimes everything seems important. I am trying to carve out time to catch up with family and girlfriends...pay attention to my husband in our free time while still being a good employee. Now I understand why there is so much talk about the pressure of being "superwomen"....it's true!

I know that if my job was less stressful or I wasn't new to it that I wouldn't feel this way. So at least I know it's temporary. The new york area also breeds a mentality of work work work...people are hustling and bustling to and from work...long hours...trying to be 1 step above or ahead everyone else. I love the drive and ambition, but ever wonder what's the point?! I keep telling myself that the point is to make $$ to enable us to do enjoyable things in life and then eventually enjoy retirement!

Through my deep breaths, headaches, to-do lists, and a few tears...I remember I'm lucky to have a wonderful support system around me. Personally and professionally. I'm also lucky enough that my career allows me to drink on the job and that always helps the day end well ;) hahaha.

This is honestly what's been going on with my life recently...so interesting or not...it's my blog for the week. All I can say, is these pictures help me remember what life is all about...plus talking to Casey is always the best, she never fails to come through and even sends me articles like this.

family and my ridiculously cute niece, caroline...who's new found laugh almost made me pee my pants laughing over skype this weekend. she's the happiest baby I've ever met!



sweet and incredibly supportive hubby and cuddly soft dog who's affection is always welcome (although him being on the couch is no longer welcome!)


girlfriends, champagne, and celebrations...Allison and Barbara celebrating Allison's engagement in NYC (they came up from DC for the night)!!


i like my job. i like my job. repeat...

No comments:

Post a Comment