Cities

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Catch Up

I figure that it is time to play a little blog catch up.  We had so many good times and pictures to share from the Cali trip, but now I want to show you some of the stuff that has been happening here in SD over the past couple of weeks.  We have had blackouts, football games, birthdays, and weddings.  Here is a little photo update on our life… 

A couple of weeks ago, San Diego had a county wide (actually multiple state wide) blackout.  Read about it here!  Here is what the city looked like sans power. 


No frozen yogurt tonight
The only places that were open were the fire-grilled pizza places...
...and bars.
Cash only.
Games by candlelight
Quick rescue of the essentials from the frig - odwalla, chinese leftovers, and beer
This picture was taken before I lost in Scrabble - hence the smile.
Fall is the season for baking and I'm taking full advantage.  Here is a pumpkin spiced cake with cream cheese frosting.  I'm looking forward to sharing some of my cooking adventures on the blog!
And, no, Sadie is not allowed on the couch.
We celebrated my 29th birthday with a concert, cake, drinks, and the beach.  It was wonderful.  I have a feeling it is going to be a great year!
Matt surprised me with streamers and balloons.  
He had written on each balloon.  What a guy!
He also surprised me with Ray Lamontagne tickets for that evening.
Pre-Ray
There's the cake!  Cupcake, that is.
Dog beachin' it for my actual birthday.
Leslie surprised me by calling Waterfront and treating us to a beer!  What a fun surprise!
The below picture was taken with some San Diego friends.  We went out late last week to catch a glimpse of the Red Tide Night show.  Basically, because of an algal bloom the water in the La Jolla area gives off this rare blue neon light which can only be seen at night.  It is incredible!  Click on the above link to see pictures.  
You had to be there to understand the picture, but I will say that we are wearing bathing suits!

No comments:

Post a Comment