Cities

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Rice Krispies

Like everyone else in this world, I am obsessed with Pinterest.  This past weekend, I decided to try one of their recipes.  You know the ones – the ones that look soooo easy when you are looking at the pictures, but halfway into the recipe you figure out things are not turning out exactly as pictured.  I made chocolate dipped Rice Krispie clovers and hearts for St. Patrick’s Day.  They were incredibly easy to make and very good!  I would definitely recommend trying these at home.

Here is my first foray into a Pinterest challenge (and be warned – I have plenty more challenges in store – so stay tuned). 
*Original and more detailed recipe here.
 
Rice Krispie Treats
Original PIN
 Here is my attempt...
Melt marshmallows

Add rice krispies

Firmly press into pan

Make clover and heart cut outs

I tried to make rice krispie lollipops for a second.  This is where the recipe went a little wrong on my end.  I didn't press the sticks in far enough.

Heat heavy cream and mix in chocolate chips

Melt chocolate

Dip rice krispie cut outs into chocolate

Final product.  Not too bad!  I sprinkled a little green sugar on them for St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

  1. good job case! can't wait to see more of your pinterest projects.

    ReplyDelete