Cities

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Best of the Fests

Matt has been busy working and I have been busy looking for work (which is a full-time job in itself), but we have found a little time to enjoy some of the events going on around San Diego.
Two weeks ago there was the Mission Federal ArtWalk San Diego in Little Italy. The street was filled with local and national art galleries, artists, vendors, and music. Matt and I spent two days walking around eating and drinking, because there was little chance of us actually purchasing anything. An added bonus this year was that they had the world's largest red sofa and we got to sit on it - how lucky are we!
Last weekend's festival was even better - San Diego Padre Beerfest 2011. There were over 25 local and national breweries and we only have 2 1/2 hours to enjoy them! Matt and I love sampling different types of beers, something that we can attribute to Leslie. When she started working for Sam Adams, she taught us all about different types of beer and helped us appreciate them. Needless to say, we made the most of our time at the festival. One of the best parts of the Beerfest was that they were featuring the celebrity comedy group "Broken Lizard". For those of you that are unfamiliar, as I was before the festival, this is the group that wrote and starred in Super Troopers, Beerfest, and Club Dredd. This was definitely a major draw for Matt, who is known to often quote these movies (I can't tell you how many times I have heard the name Farva throughout our marriage). All that you needed to get into Beerfest was a ticket to the baseball game. So not only did we get to enjoy the different breweries, but baseball as well. What could be better...
All of the San Diego neighborhoods have signs. Here is ours...
Need I say more.
He had to give it a try

My guilty conscience made us stop here after a lady came up to me and asked me to spread the words to others that the street was extremely hot on dogs' feet. Like that wasn't an obvious hint.
Berry kabobs - the best kind of kabob

Here is a little of everything - some of the artists' tents, palm trees, and water in the distance
Beer is good.

This one is for Les. And, yes, I did try to pull the "I know someone who works for Sam Adams" card, hoping that it would get me some free beer. Negative.


Broken Lizard.

We stopped by our favorite Ballpark bar (Bub's) after the game and look what we found on the menu. The Pacific Beach (PB) Bub's is the local Hokie bar. I can't tell you how happy this made us.

No comments:

Post a Comment