Cities

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Fourth of July...

We were set to have a traditional Fourth of July weekend – beach, BBQ, fireworks, time with friends. And it started off so well…
 
After Friday night downtown with old and new friends, we spent all Saturday exploring Pacific Beach. I still can’t believe that this is the first time that we have made it up to PB. But I can guarantee it will not be the last. We actually got in the water (the Pacific Ocean water is soooo cold, not something that I am used to from the East Coast), played football, and then went to Miller's Field for beer in mason jars. I’m not sure that I have mentioned this before, but I love mason jars. I have them all around the house, my office, and even featured them at our wedding. So any place that serves beer out of these old-fashioned jars has my business! On another side note, we saw the cast from Real World San Diego at Miller's Field. They are filming for an upcoming season. And no, I will not be making an appearance (at least not in that episode;)) We finished up the night at our favorite Irish pub, The Field. 
 
We were all set for a Sunday BBQ with friends and then it hit. The stomach flu. First Matt and then me. There really is no need for details. Let’s just say that it was not fun. 
 
Even though we spent all day Sunday and most of Monday in bed, we didn’t want to miss our first San Diego fireworks. They have a celebration called the Big Bay Boom where there are multiple firework locations over the bay that sends up synchronized firework displays. We stocked up on peppermint tea and walked the couple of blocks down to the water to join the masses. It was worth it. They were amazing. Although, we learned quickly that Sadie, unlike Cole, is not a fan of fireworks. 
 
Even though the weekend did not go exactly as planned, it started and ended on a good note. Guess we can’t ask for more. 
 
And now I am getting the house ready (and sanitized) for my little brother and his fiancé’s visit. Great times aheadJ
 

Foosball table and shuffle board - my kind of place


Surfing class in PB. I think Leslie and I might have to sign up for this when she comes to town.


Life is good.




Downtown San Diego


The Field. One of our favorite bars in San Diego. Mostly because it is awesome, partly because there is no cover charge.


Enough said.


We made it out - Happy Fourth of July!


Before the fireworks...


...and after. Maybe next year:)


2 comments:

  1. i love this post b/c it's so very "swartz"...this is not the first stomach flu you've had at the same time...and poor sadie girl, she's in the fetal position! hahaha. i'm literally still laughing out loud after reading this 4 times.. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete