Cities

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Summer Ends...

hello readers!  Before the much awaited post from me and Casey on my trip to San Diego...I thought I'd share a few random items as Summer 2011 comes to a close.

we took a roadtrip to the Washington DC area and had a great time seeing lots of friends.  Sitting around drinking beers with the guys, lunch with a good friend of mine from college, pool time, dinner and going out in DC, and a tour of the west wing of the White House!

Are we there yet?


Josh and his girlfriend, Amanda hangin at the pool
  

West Wing tour


our longtime friend Adam who works in the White House and took us on the tour
President Obama came to our neighborhood for a fundraising dinner one night and we stood on our sidewalk just in time to catch a glimpse of him and get a wave!  Pretty cool.


Presidential Tank.

Saw an outdoor yoga class that looked awesome



A dog food truck parked on our street and the dogs lined up to get treats...the things I see in NYC never cease to amaze me.



While visiting Casey, sadie helped me make the bed one day, she loved getting tangled in the sheets....crazy girl :)




This song will always remind me of my time in California... :)

My good friend from college, Allison is getting married in less than a month, so my college girlfriends spent a weekend in Dewey Beach, DE for her bachelorette party!  So much fun being together!



me, Colleen, Allison, Melissa (and her twin boy and girl!), and Jamie


NYC was quiet on September 11th and while Cole and I strolled along the Hudson River for his evening walk, I saw One World Trade Center lit up...and many people sitting and gazing at it...remembering the victims of that day and the families affected.  I can't wait to see the memorial.


not my picture, but it is my view from our regular walk route along the Hudson River Park

Love from the City!

No comments:

Post a Comment