Cities

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Carlsbad 1/2 Marathon

Since I'm on a jogging blog kick, I'm going to run with it (that only made me laugh, I know!).  A couple of weeks back I actually ran the Carlsbad 1/2 marathon.  I was pretty quiet about it here on the blog, because up until crossing the start line, I wasn't sure I was going to go through with it.  Matt and Sadie were good sports and actually went on all of my long training runs with me.  This dominated the majority of our Sunday mornings.  Don’t worry - I rewarded them with homemade blueberry muffins and Milkbones. 

I have run a couple of 1/2 marathons before and this was one of my favorites (mostly because I got to hear the waves almost the entire time.)  I never know what kind of running day it is going to be until the first couple of steps.  Sometimes my legs feel light and my body just wants to run; sometimes my legs feel heavy and my body just wants to head to the local coffee shop and eat bagels and drink chocolate milk.  Luckily, race day was a good running day.  I came within one minute of my personal best - 2:00:50 (my personal best is 1:59).  During the run, I had no idea that I was getting close to breaking my PR.  If I had known, I would have pushed myself just a little harder (just 51 seconds harder).  But considering that I had no intention of even coming close to that time, I was still pretty happy with my time.  I give all the credit to Britney Spears for providing me with awesome running music that kept me pumped the entire time.

So the next question is - to train for a full marathon or not?  We shall see...

Don't we just look ecstatic to be up and running so early!

The view from my run 
Maybe the reason that I didn't make my PR was because I was busy taking pictures instead of running...hmmmm....

We did it!
My nurse
My rewards for running

1 comment:

  1. Great job Casey!! Now if only I could get myself to run more than 2 miles... ha!

    ReplyDelete