Cities

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baby Announcement!

So it's about time I blogged about the biggest event in my life since marrying Nick..

I'm pregnant!  We're having a baby girl who is due August 22nd!  We definitely feel very excited and lucky that everything with my pregnancy has gone smoothly so far.

Being pregnant is the craziest phenomenon and your body does lots of weird things!  I normally have clear skin and haven't since being pregnant, normally I'm a great sleeper and have been tossing, turning and getting up to pee all through the night, I'm normally not a napper and go to bed late, but 5pm naps and 10pm bedtimes became the norm...there are digestive issues I'll spare you from....but all in the good cause of our baby girl!


this book told me that all the weird changes were normal!


Food has been the biggest struggle but is much better now! Weeks 6-10 I was constantly starving but with no appetite and could not stomach meats or seafood. Lots of bagels, grilled cheese, pizza, peanut butter and jelly. One nice, healthy aspect is that I've been craving fruit!! I can't get enough citrus or fruit in general...I am already dreaming of peaches and nectarines this summer. I also really like salads which I don't normally choose to eat, so that's good.

There are some major things I miss though...all I can dream about is sub sandwiches, a spicy tuna roll, a cold beer, and a smooth glass of red wine! Those women who say they don't miss drinking during pregnancy are nuts! At first it was fine...my body was definitely due for a detox...but now, well let's just say I'm looking forward to having a Corona, or Sam Adams Boston Lager, or Blue Moon in my hand Labor Day weekend.








Now I'm 17 weeks along and feeling great...restored appetite and energy, just trying to make sure I eat frequently enough and drink an insane amount of water.

4 of these a day!


We've had 4 ultrasounds which has been awesome. It's really great to see the baby so much! She is looking so good, has a nice strong heartbeat, and loves to wiggle around. Our last ultrasound was kinda an unplanned bonus one to do some measurements and we got to find out the sex :) This was something Nick and I had been going back and forth about since way before she was even conceived. I have never really wanted to find out, but Nick has always wanted to know. We discussed it a lot and as the pregnancy became more real to me, I browsed baby sections in stores and I realized I wanted to buy boy or girl clothes.  I also think preparing for the baby will be a little bit easier knowing the gender. So we found out!  It was an amazing  moment and since we can't always share in our excitement with family and friends due to distance, we made a video to reveal the gender.


So now begins my expanding belly...I'm finally showing a bit!! People I work with were like, "you don't look pregnant at all!", such a bummer, but it's becoming more obvious.


10 weeks

14 weeks

15 1/2 weeks

16 1/2 weeks


Also begins the baby prep...we browsed Pottery Barn Kids and Buy Buy Baby this weekend which made our heads spin! Luckily I have many ladies close to me who are more than willing to share tips which I plan on using! 


It will certainly be adventure which I will share along the way. In a month Baby G and I will take a flight to visit Aunt Casey!! I'm so excited to see her and enjoy some west coast sunshine :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea for the blog announcement!!! Love it and can't wait for your visit:)

    ReplyDelete