Cities

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our last days in Corpus...

You read that right – we are leaving Corpus Christi, Texas. Matt selected helicopters and in two weeks we will be living in Milton, Florida. YEA!!!!! Milton is outside of Pensacola, which suits me just fine, because we will still be living by the beach. Pensacola beaches are among the most beautiful in the world – if you don’t believe me – come and visit!

We spent the weekend trying to enjoy Texas – kayaking, tennis, barbecuing with friends. But now that the weekend has passed, we are in full moving mode. I am leaving on Thursday to travel to Philly to spend Thursday and Friday with my grandparents. Then on Saturday I head to Ocean City, Jersey.

This is one of my very favorite weeks of the year and I wouldn’t miss it for anything – not even moving. I spend the entire week with my mom’s whole side of the family – more than 20 family members. Every day is filled with the beach, shopping, great food, and games. I love every minute!
Unfortunately, Matt is not able to go this year because of the job change. He will be back here making sure that everything with the move goes smoothly. I will come back next Saturday and, hopefully, the movers would have already come. We will spend Sunday cleaning and seeing friends and then head out on Monday morning. The plan is to make the drive in one day – about 14 hours – with two cars and a dog! We do not have a place to live in Florida yet, but hope to find something when we get there. If you would have told me a year ago that I would be moving to another state without a forwarding address, I would have told you that you were crazy, now I know it is just part of the military life.

Since I am leaving tomorrow, today is filled with packing (for vacation and the move), so I have to be going. I will be MIA for awhile, but promise to update once we are in Florida.

So long Texas – it has been fun!


Kayaking on the Padre Island National Seashore


The kayaking place had signs to places all over the world - this was my favorite! Miss you, Les.


"WE'RE MOVING TO FLORIDA!!!!" celebration dinner


I won the first game, Matt the second - tiebreaker still to come...


It is exhausting being the ball girl...


Peace out, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment