Cities

Monday, October 18, 2010

the traveling saleswoman

We've been pretty busy these days....working and traveling!

I have been a little MIA from blogging this past month because I have been traveling A LOT and when I travel with work I'm pretty consumed throughout the day and evenings and when I travel to see family and friends, I'm spending time with them!

Here's a short synopsis of my past month. Burlington, VT for a week for work...Richmond for a weekend reunion with my VT girls and to celebrate my friend, Colleen's soon to be arriving baby girl :) Boston for a weekend to see family, friends, and the BC-VT game...Boston again for a weekend to see family and celebrate Caroline's arrival and also that week for work.

It has all been great! Here's some highlights:

-Vermont in the fall is gorgeous...the leaves were changing and people who go up there to see them change are called "leaf peepers" (weird name) I was surprised to find out how many companies are based up there...Ben & Jerrys, Vermont Teddy Bear, Cabot Cheese, Green Mountain Coffee, Magic Hat Brewery, Long Trail Brewery, and Orvis to name a few. Locals LOVE Vermont and literally only want to eat, breathe and sleep things that come from vermont. Overall, I'd go back in the summer to see Lake Champlain or to ski.

-Richmond was a 30-40 degree difference in weather, haha. My college girlfriends and I had a great weekend together and had a nice little baby shower for Colleen! We watched the Hokie game together and had some great dinners and late night convos...so fun! I also got squeeze in a little visit with my parents and my friends the kays, peddicords, and sara. So nice to see good friends that I don't get to see very often...especially since they have a sweet little new puppy, Charlie!

Jamie, Melissa, Allison, myself, Colleen (mommy to be), and Natalie


yay baby girl Rust!

celebrating :)

me and charlie

Kat, Tracy, Sara, and I with the girl dogs...Charlie, Bella & Lilly...missing Cole :(


-Our Boston weekend trip was great! Besides hitting insane traffic in connecticut on the way up friday evening...we loved getting to see our college friends! Plus we got to see Caroline for the first time (read previous blog). It was lots of fun having a good time together and getting to see the Hokies play at Boston College. Although I will say that BC fans are really un-excited by their team and vt didn't look very good either, so the only good things about the game were the beautiful weather, good friends, and we pullled out a win!

BC stadium and campus behind it


Adam, Nick and Trace...i couldn't get these guys to take 1 good picture all weekend!


Natalie and me at the game!


-My next Boston trip was soooo fun too :) I got lots of quality time with Caroline, my mom, aunt, shannon and andy! Shannon's baby shower was so much fun...little miss caroline is definitely set for a while. I also got snuggle with the little one later that day and again on sunday and then AGAIN in the middle of the week on wednesday! she changes more and more every time I see her...amazing. Not only did we do a lot of baby showering, but also some shopping and got the new dad (my brother, Andy) out to the last Red Sox game of the season. cooold night, but great seats and they beat the yankees!

andy in his season tickets seats!


mom, andy, and i at fenway!


I will post pictures of Shannon's shower pics when I get some copies...I didn't take any pics myself :( Maybe a picture-only blog is in the works :)

No comments:

Post a Comment