Cities

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Feels like home to me...

We have been in our condo for a couple of weeks and things are starting to feel like home. We still need to hang a few pictures, buy a table, and unpack a couple of boxes, but it is nice to cook dinner in our little kitchen and eat on our own couches.
 
We decided to move to downtown San Diego in a section called Little Italy. After living in smaller towns for the last couple of years, we are so happy to be back in a city, even if we had to go from a 4-bedroom house to a 2-bedroom condo. As you can imagine, Little Italy is full of Italian restaurants and bars, two markets that cook fresh pasta daily, an English pub (random, but fun), and a local tavern. We can also walk to a couple of Mexican restaurants and are only three blocks from the Waterfront. There is so much to do within walking distance, which is especially good considering the California gas prices. 
 
So far, I am in love with living in San Diego. I think it is the perfect mixture of city living and laid-back beach town. Since most of our friends and family are back on the East Coast, I’m looking forward to using this blog to show you San Diego and the West Coast. But first, let me show you our new casa…
 

Where the masterpieces are made...


And here is Matt cooking one now.


My turn.


Comfy, cozy


My favorite view in the house. Can you see the palm tree?
And I'm working on filling that wine holder up...slowly, but surely.


Our porch.


View from our porch. Don't let the picture fool you, I zoomed in.


Guest bathroom. The guest room, our room, and our bathroom are not exactly picture-ready yet. I'll share those later:)


View from our kitchen table. As I said before, we haven't exactly purchased a kitchen table yet. The search is on...


With little storage room, I took Leslie's "city" advice and got creative.


Sadie's station. Picture frames coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment