Cities

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Banana Pancakes

I must have been channeling Jack Johnson a couple of weekends ago, because all I wanted to do was make banana pancakes.  Instead, I settled on maple banana pancake muffins.  Note to Jack – just as good!
Here is the recipe.
Taken from this book - a fabulous baking book!
And here is my attempt at capturing the making of the muffin.
Yum!

In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.

In another bowl, stir together egg, buttermilk, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and butter.

Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.

Stir in mashed bananas.

Spoon the batter into greased muffin cups (I didn't grease and this turned out to be a bit messy).

Bake until golden brown - it says 10-12 minutes.  But the recipe is for mini-muffins and I made regular muffins.  Therefore, it took 20-25 minutes for my muffins.

Success!

Dip the muffins into the remaining maple syrup and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment