Cities

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

#28acts

Along with the rest of the world, I have spent the last few days thinking about the families in Newtown, Connecticut.  I wanted to do something to honor the lives lost, but was not sure what to do.
 
After talking to friends and reading a few articles, I think that I have found a way.  People have started honoring the community through random acts of kindness - some are doing 20 acts, some 26, some 27, and some 28.  After much discussion, Matt and I have decided on 28 random acts of kindness.  This includes acts for the shooter and his mother.  We made this decision because we want to choose love over hate and, frankly, the world could use a little more kindness these days.

I won’t inundate you with all of our acts, but I want to spread the word in case you want to join. 

If so, here is something that can help you get started.

In this small way, we can let the world know that in the end - kindness, love, and compassion - win.



3 comments:

  1. Love this. My first act was last Friday when I heard the news...I had money left on my parking meter ticket, so I left it on the machine for the next person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. . . I'm in. Yesterday I unloaded the dishwasher for my dear husband, eventhough it's 'his' daily chore. gave me a good feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete