Cities

Monday, December 10, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Glitter Christmas Tree

Another week, another challenge!  I got this Pinterest inspiration from a glitter reindeer pin:

Glitter Reindeer.
Pinterest inspiration
As much as I love the reindeer, I didn't have much faith in my ability to cut out the detailed antlers.  Instead I went with the much easier-to-cut Christmas tree.
 
Here is my attempt…
Step 1:
Gather all necessary materials - glitter, glue, q-tips, toothpicks, tape, pencil
Step 2:

Print out Christmas tree image - I found mine on clipart.
Step 3:
Trace the image.  I found it helpful to use the pencil color of the glitter, so that it wouldn't show through the sides.
Step 4:

Paint on the glue.  Use the q-tips to fill in the outline.
Step 5:
Pour on the glitter!
Step 6:
It took me a few times to glitter.  I brought it in, filled in the empty spots with glue, and glitterized it again.  I used the toothpicks to help define the sides.
Step 7:
Display and enjoy!
Merry Pinterest Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment