Cities

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank You

When I was younger, my mom would insist that Chris and I write thank you letters for every gift we received - birthdays, Christmas cards, graduations, etc. We hated it. We would try to put it off as long as possible (even volunteering for the dreaded bathroom cleaning chore over having to sit down and write). But over the years, we realized how important it was to thank people for their thoughts and generosity. For the past couple of years, Chris and I write our thank you letters on our very own, without one single reminder from Mom. She is so proud!
So in the spirit of saying thank you, I am taking advantage of this blog today to thank all the Veterans in my life. We have a looooooong history of the military in my life (mostly Navy, but a few Marines and Army mixed in) - I even found out recently that I have a relative that fought in the Civil War (I love learning about the Civil War, so this was really neat to find out). And as much as I kid about the Navy driving me crazy with their indecisiveness and aversion to any sort of planning, I love being a part of a military family. I see firsthand the sacrifices that they have made for our country and I am very grateful. So to all Veterans, thank you for sacrificing your lives, time, home, family, friends, births, holidays, birthdays, vacations, take-out restaurants, Starbucks, soccer games, concerts, and everything else that we take for granted while you are protecting our country. I am very proud of you and proud of what you are doing for us. I love you allJ
 
Here are pictures of some of my VeteransJ 
 

Matt, my awesome husband and Student Naval Aviator


My little brother, Chris, taken the day he left for Iraq.
He is the only reason that I have a soft spot for the Army;)


Cheers to you, Dad (even though I'm not making a "Cheers" face)! Dad is also a Naval Aviator - I know - weird that I am also married to a Student Naval Aviator
(I have heard it before...)


My Grandpa and Korean War veteran (Navy)


My Uncle Steve (Navy Submariner and red wine expert!)


Matt's dad and Dad-in-law (Navy - are you seeing a trend;))


Matt's grandpa and Pa-in-law (Korean War Veteran, Army)

1 comment:

  1. Nice tribute - no one could have said it any better! Thank YOU for reminding us what a special day this is. BTW - you ARE a good "thx u note writer" :)SO, that nagging paid off !!

    ReplyDelete