Cities

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Trick or Treat

This was the first Halloween that Matt and I have been able to celebrate since we have been married. Last Halloween I was stuck on the couch with strep throat, therefore Matt was stuck inside taking care of me (what a good husband!) We LOVE any excuse to dress up – Halloween, 80s cover bands, theme parties – we used to be regulars at the Arlington Goodwill. My one caveat is that I do not like to spend a lot of money on our costumes. My goal this year was to spend under $20 for both costumes. With a little creativity and some wire hangers, we were able to accomplish it!
 
We used electrical tape, soccer cones, ribbons, clip art, and a painter suit to transform into a bee and beekeeper (see below for our award-winning designs). We probably had just as much fun creating our costumes as we did wearing them. We celebrated Halloween with our good friends at a house party. Thanks, Sara and Rick, for taking one for the team and having everyone over!
 

My attempt at dressing Sadie up as a Pumpkin (she wasn't really feeling it)


Construction of the hat (key piece of costume)


The Bee and Beekeeper


Sara and Natalie - these girls were in Corpus with us and made the move to Florida! Hopefully we will be in the same place for a little bit longer:)


I love my beekeeper (especially b/c he is willing to wear a women's sun hat for the sake of the Halloween)

PS - I am writing this during commercials of the Hokie game. I needed a break from this disgusting start. Matt is on watch, so I am keeping him updated through texts. Let's hope we can turn this game around. GO HOKIES!!!

1 comment:

  1. love matt's crabby oddwaters shirt!!! makes me think of good times... :)

    ReplyDelete