Cities

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Holiday Road Trip

I love road trips. Everything from the early morning coffee runs to the play lists to the multiple fast food stops. Nothing beats the anticipation of a good road trip. And this Christmas we had a good one planned. We went from Pensacola, Florida to Columbia, South Carolina to Hertford, North Carolina to Woodbury, New Jersey all in a matter of a week. Spending the holidays with family was well worth all of the spilled sodas and the shady gas station stops along the way. Here is a snapshot of our Holiday:

  • Miles driven: 2500
  • Time spent in car: 45 hours
  • Times Sadie threw up in the car: 1
  • Fast food stops: 10 (yes, 10)
  • Times Matt and I beat Mom and Dad in Pitch: 2
  • Times Matt and I lost in Pitch: 7
  • Puzzles completed: 1
  • Christmas toys that Sadie destroyed before we even left to go home: 3
  • Inches of snow in Hertford, NC: 9
  • Holiday engagements: 2 (Congrats, Kristen and Nick and Diana and Matt!!!)
  • Weight gained: 3 pounds (I’m guessing this has to do with the 10 fast food stops and cookies for breakfast mentality

Overall, it was such an awesome Christmas. It was the first of many Christmases where my entire family was together. Is it sad that I’m already looking forward to next year? Only 353 more days to go…
 
Here are some pictures from the week.
 

Packed and waiting for Matt to get home...


Sadie's spot


Traditional Christmas shot


We finally got one!!! Thanks, Mom!


We are going to have to beat Leslie and Nick in this game next weekend.
Is that Cole on the front?


One of the trillion toys Sadie got (and destroyed)


Deep-frying the turkey. Before the snow...


Finally, snow! A LOT of snow!


I think that I won this one;)


I love my family!


Congratulations, Nick and Kristen. Welcome to the family, Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment