Cities

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012...so far.

Sorry for the lapse in blogging!  2012 has started out with a few more bumps in the road than expected...and my late night hours that I usually spend blogging have been spent sleeping!

New Years was spent in Philly at our friends Greg and Jenn's house.  Lots of fun getting together with old friends and ringing in 2012!  We ventured into the city on New Year's Day for the famous Mummer's Parade. Mummer's is a Philly tradition where men (now a few woman) join in their neighborhood club and dress as clowns.  Some have dances and floats, others just dress up, drink a lot and enjoy the new year.  They parade through the city as spectators join in the festivities and cheer them on.






The following week I took the rest of my vacation days to relax and do some things around our house.  That week I found out my Nana passed away.  The next week was pretty rough...I had to travel to Boston for my company's annual meeting and figure out my travel to Rochester, NY for her funeral. Meanwhile Nick was still headed out west for our planned Colorado ski trip in Copper Mountain with friends

Luckily I got to squeeze in a visit with my niece before my company meeting in Boston...lots of playing with toys and  pushing her in her wagon, princess car and anything else that moves. She says a bunch of words now, but "Leslie" is a little tough still.



Boston meeting was fine...busy, but my company rented out a Fenway Park club level which was pretty cool and Fenway has put in a skating rink on the field so a bunch of company employees enjoyed the ice skating.



I was home for a day...a busy day...then off to Rochester to meet up with family for the funeral.  While Nick wasn't getting any snow in Colorado for the ski trip, Rochester was getting a half a foot just in time for my arrival.  Frigid temps, strong winds and snow welcomed us to upstate NY...seemed like Nana wanted to say, "remember Rochester winters??".  Luckily I came prepared with boots, extra socks, leggings, tights and many, many layers.  NYC winter winds have taught me not to mess around with the cold.  The weekend was exactly what my Nana would've wanted...all her 7 children and their families, plus extended family and friends came together for a beautiful visitation, Catholic mass at her long time church, a blustery burial next to my Grandpa, and a celebratory dinner at their Country Club where they were lifetime members.  It was great to see all my aunts, uncles, and cousins and remember my Nana.



Nick and I are both finally home.  We are hunkering down for the next month and ready for a cold Northeast winter.  Hope everyone else is staying warm!

1 comment:

  1. Aww,Les. . .this got me a little teary. Nana wasn't one for going online but I know she is smiling down on making it on your blog!! we have so many memories - like this great pic. :)) love you & Nick!

    ReplyDelete