Cities

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Catch Up: Ohio Christmas

I was so excited to travel to Ohio this year for Christmas because Matt has been talking about his family Ohio Christmases since we first met almost eight years ago.  Crazy to think, but this is my first time experiencing it for myself.  His mom’s entire side of the family gets together every year and celebrates as one big (nearly 40 people!) family!  I loved all of the traditions – Christmas Eve lasagna dinner, Dutch butter cookies, Midnight Mass followed by eggnog with brandy poured liberally by Matt’s Pa:), and Christmas Day brunch and dinner.  Because of our crazy moving schedule, we hadn’t seen some of Matt’s family since our wedding more than two years ago.  It was so special to get to spend Christmas with them.  It was my first Christmas away from my family and I was so worried about how hard it would be for me.  But I was embraced with open arms into the annual family Christmas and am looking forward to many more Ohio Christmases!

Unfortunately, I was too busy enjoying myself to take lots of pictures (I know, so unlike me), but here are a few shots that I was able to sneak…

on the plane...almost there!

cute columbus, ohio coffee shop
christmas eve tradition
matt and his pa
doing the honors
matt and his sister
the cousins (and me)
playing santa
enjoying our layover in chicago with a little deep dish pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment