Cities

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas Catch Up: Mammoth

Can you believe that I am still catching up on Christmas – pathetic, I know.  I really need to get on it!

A few months ago Matt and I decided that we needed a vacation.  We thought it was a little sad that the only vacation we have ever taken together was a quick road trip to Seven Springs, Pennsylvania for the weekend.  I guess, technically, you could count our ‘honeymoon’ which was really just a 16-hour road trip moving down to Texas.  But somehow I’m not sure that being stuck in the car for eight hours at a time, with all of your worldly possessions, choosing between Wendy’s or McDonald’s for a romantic drive through dinner should qualify as a honeymoon (oh, life in a military family).

Anyways, we wanted to take some time over the winter break and go skiing, so we looked into taking a trip to Mammoth Lakes, California.  We used VRBO (which is awesome, by the way) to find a place that was dog friendly and close to the village.  After finding a deal that we couldn’t pass up (thank you again, VBRO), we had booked our first vacation!

After driving north for seven hours (do you see a trend here – we really like road trips!), we arrived at our destination.  We spent the next six days skiing, eating, drinking, shopping, reading, playing games, watching football, and sleeping.  Pathetically, I fell asleep by 10:00 p.m. every night (okay okay, it might have been 9:30 p.m.)  It was such a wonderful vacation – just the three of us!

So now we are back and getting into the swing of things in 2012.  I think it’s going to be a good year.  I take it back, I think it is going to be a GREAT year and I look forward to sharing it with you through this blog!

And now I will re-live my vacation with you through these pictures…

No comments:

Post a Comment