Cities

Monday, July 23, 2012

Parents' Week

Kind of like those good ole college Parents' Weekend, but a few days longer.
 
One of the best things about living in San Diego is that it is a vacation destination and there is never a shortage of friends and family wanting to take advantage (as I’m sure that you have seen through my ongoing visitor blog posts)!  My mom and dad are no exception.  They have already been out here a couple of times.  It doesn’t hurt that they used to live here and still have some of their best friends out here.  But I choose to believe that they are planning their trips solely around the fact that their favorite daughter, son-in-law, and grand puppy live here!

Right before Matt got back, my Dad was out here for two weeks (oh, the joys of retirement) and my Mom for one week (oh, the joys of being a teacher and having summer vacation).  I absolutely love having them here and already have plans for the next time that they come back. But on this trip we were able to cross off food truck dinners, Stone Brewery tours, Padres baseball game, learning Margaritaville on the guitar, cross-stitching, and dog park visits. 

Already counting down the days until the next visit…   

one of our favorite things - trying beer
stone brewery - a must see while in san diego
the only time i have ever seen my mom trying a beer - she is a wine lady!
i figured you hadn't seen this face in a while!
mom and dad.
me and mom - she's the best
my family - love them!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! This makes me miss you and your family soo much! And beer. It makes me miss beer too.

    ReplyDelete