Cities

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Holidays 2012


We've had quite a busy holiday season with the move.  I was really motivated to unpack all our boxes and get fully settled so that we could decorate for Christmas without lingering "to do's".  Nick and I really busted to get boxes unpacked, put everything away, and get the house looking decent.

I was also really motivated to give this place a thorough cleaning and hang things on the wall because we have people over a regular basis. It's great to have family and friends near by...lots of visitors and hanging out!

Our 2012 Christmas tree

I love this holiday scent by Mrs. Meyers...iowa pine.

love everyone's holiday cards this year!

holiday cheer at our house

sometimes both.

more holiday decor

fav. ornament

my ornament from Nick this year

new ornaments this year!  Dr. Suess is from me to Nick.
We had a great Christmas and New Years.  We were in Richmond with my family and it was a perfect first Christmas with Waverly! We had good wine, good food, and lots of quality time with family.  Our niece, Caroline is 2 and it was so much fun to watch her get excited for Santa and see if Santa came on Christmas morning.  Kids really change Christmas...we loved putting cookies and milk out for Santa, dressing Waverly in her Christmas pj's, and setting up Santa presents.  I can't wait for next year!

meeting Santa!


someone got a tricycle from Santa!

check out the reindeer slippers

cousins on the playmat Santa gave Waverly!

1st Christmas morning for Waverly
checking out a fun gift from Aunt Shannon and Uncle Andy

my favorite Christmas gift.
too much Christmas for Cole

Christmas at the Smith house
Nana & Granddaddy with the girls

first Christmas for the Guptas
In between Christmas and New Years...my brother, Shannon, and I saw the Chihuly hand blown glass exhibit in Richmond and Waverly had her 4 month check up and vaccines.  12 pound baby girl!!  She's healthy, doing great and growing well :)  I LOVE LOVE LOVE her chubbiness...pack on the pounds! She's also rolling over (both ways) and scooting her self around on her back...as I've said from the beginning she is a MOVER!  She's always kicked and pushed off things and now she's moving herself around!  Very fun, but I can wait for her to crawl because that means baby proofing!

my pretty girl and our tree

Chihuly glass exhibit at the Virginia Musuem of Fine Arts

Chihuly

chub cheeks

found my toes!

We then hosted a little new years eve party!  Happy 2013!  January means Waverly learns to sleep at night without being swaddled, I start job searching and we settle into life in Virginia!

happy new year!


Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment