Cities

Monday, March 11, 2013

Bump in the road.

It happened.  Everyone said that it would, but I didn’t believe them.  But it did.  I got sick.  A couple of days ago I got the stomach flu.  It certainly wasn’t fun, you know, because the flu often is.  So there won’t be any Japan updates for a few days since all I have been seeing and all that I will be seeing is the hotel room.  Instead, I want to write about our flight over here.

I can honestly say that it was the best flight I have ever had, and living so far from family, I have flown A LOT!  We started off on a good note when we realized that the flight was half booked and we had an empty seat next to us the entire trip.  And the good vibes just continued throughout the flight. 

Here are a couple of highlights:
  • Hot washcloths multiple times throughout the flight
  • Individual televisions with the ability to choose from tons of different movies and television shows (all for free!)
  • Japanese cuisine served throughout the entire flight
  • Ability to play old school video games (Tetris, Pong, etc.).  You could even play against other passengers (I dominated Matt in Tetris;)).
  • Pillows and blankets for everyone (this may not seem like a big deal, but I have been on a freezing flight before when the blankets have run out and it was not pretty!)
  • Free vanilla ice cream for everyone
If you are planning on visiting (and I certainly hope that you are), I would absolutely recommend Japan Airlines. 

Here are some blurry iPhone pics that we snapped along the way.


Japan Airlines
No lie - this is a remote, phone, and game controller.  For some reason this just blew our minds!
We could watch below.
Coat hanger - I thought this was so cool!
Don't worry - there was an English version - but this one was more fun
Dinner is served
Game on...
Pictures are so helpful!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment