Cities

Saturday, March 2, 2013

House Hunters International.

As lovely as our Lodge stay has been (and I say that with a definite hint of sarcasm b/c we are going a little stir crazy), our biggest priority right now is finding a house.  When moving here, there are two options – live on base or off.  There are pros and cons to each.  We decided a long time ago to live off base.  Since getting here I have had moments where I want to live on base because it certainly is an easier and more convenient process, but I remind myself that we didn’t move here for it to be easy and in the long-term, I will be happy that we live out in town.

So here is what goes into finding a house in town…

Each morning I go to the housing office and get an updated sheet of house listings.  The main thing that I look for is area (Yamato) and the pet allowance option.  If there is a house that interests me then I call the agent and pray they speak English.  Most likely, if they have a house listed with the military there is someone that can communicate with me.  At this point, I make an appointment.  For the appointment, a representative from the agency picks me up at the Main gate and brings me to the house and then returns me.  Pretty similar to the states, right?!  They really have worked out a pretty simple process.  The hard part is finding the right house.  I have already seen five, but haven’t settled on one yet.  Fingers crossed, that we find ‘the one’ soon.  
 
And with that, the house hunting continues.      

Here are some pictures from an area in Yamato where we are looking to live – Minamirinkan.


Local neighborhood.
A little busier.
Found an American bar (didn't go in, but love the "Big Size American Hamburger")




Asked for chai tea...got black tea and still loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment