Cities

Monday, April 8, 2013

Busy Times!

We have been busy recently!  There is a little one in this family that is seriously busy. She started crawling! Woohoo!  Go girl.  She is curious about everything, which has made me realize how much I have to baby proof.  Since we're moving this week, I decided to forgo anything but baby gates, so I just chase her around! Phew. I try to prevent her from putting her mouth on dirty floor vents, door stoppers, the potted plant, Cole's bones....you name it, I'm trying to keep it out of her mouth.

Here is a video and some pictures of Waverly, the energizer baby.


"What?  I'm just checking things out."

"Water bowl, here I come!"

"Just one more inch..."  (she couldn't reach it, so she wasn't going to stick her finger in a socket)

"There you are, Mom!"

"Let's see what's under here."

"Socks are for suckers.  I refuse to wear them."

"Mmmm.  Beer."

Not only was Waverly busy getting around the house, but she also pulled herself up on her crib bumpers last week and pulled up to standing by the railing.  Wow!  I was watching her on the monitor and then the minute she pulled up on the railing, I ran upstairs.  She was absolutely thrilled with herself and smiling ear to ear!  I couldn't help but laugh. The rest of her naptime was spent in the pack and play and we dropped the crib mattress that night.  I can't believe we already had to drop the mattress!




We were also busy, because we spent Easter in Sunset Beach, NC!  We had Easter with my family and it was great to be with them and get away for a bit.  Nick and I felt like we really needed a break from all the moving crap.  Although, it took us forever to get there. A 7 hour drive turned into 10, because we had too many long stops and we missed a major exit in NC.  Longest car ride ever...a baby and a dog will do that to you.

Once we got there we went right to bed, but in the morning I woke up in a great mood! It felt so good to be at the beach. It was chilly and windy, but we had a long walk on the beach which made Cole one happy pup!  It was our first time taking Waverly to the beach. I wanted to sit her on the sand and dig her little toes in, but it was too cold.  Instead we both had our fleeces on and she snuggled against me for a snooze.

Not sure how Waverly felt about her new shades.


we found a whole sand dollar!

Easter weekend was spent watching the cousins play, taking some nice walks, playing golf, eating some yummy food, enjoying wine and beer, learning a new board game "Ticket to Ride" (it's really fun!), and of course celebrating Easter Sunday.  We hated to leave, but luckily our drive home was only 7 hrs.  Of course we hit traffic around Stafford, VA....the 95 corridor between Fredericksburg and DC needs to be 10 lanes with HOV going both ways or they need to build another highway. It's gotta be the worst stretch of highway in the US.

breakfast at the beach!

out to dinner with Granddaddy!

barefoot cousins...socks are for suckers, remember?


playtime!
my brother, Andy, teaching Caroline how to dye the eggs

concentration
yay Easter!

Easter egg hunt

Waverly's 1st Easter!





Caroline and her mama, Shannon


Grandparents and "the girls"


see ya!
Recently we also squeezed in our first date night since Waverly was born!  We have been out with friends and family, but we haven't had a night just to ourselves.  It was really nice to get that time together. We ate dinner at Mike Isabella's Graffiato in D.C.  Mike Isabella was on the show, Top Chef, (which we love!!) so we were excited to eat at his restaurant.  We've tried to eat at a lot of Top Chef contestant's restaurants...they are usually pretty great and Graffiato was no exception!



love from Alexandria!

No comments:

Post a Comment