Cities

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Here comes the sun.

I woke up this morning to the news of Boston and it broke my heart.  What should have been a celebratory day for these amazing athletes and their supporters turned into an unbelievable tragedy. 

I wrote the below post a few days ago, before Boston.  When I was not sure how to respond to the senseless violence that occurred, I kept coming back to the idea of focusing on the good.  Evil exists.  We saw that today, we saw it in Newtown, we saw it six years ago at Virginia Tech, and we see it every time that we turn on the news, but so does good and beauty and love and kindness.  And they will win.  They always do. 

My heartfelt prayers are with everyone in Boston.

Here is my original post…

Last week it rained for two straight days.  I know that this doesn’t sound like much, but it was a shock for someone who moved here from San Diego.  The sun finally broke free late one afternoon and it seemed like everyone rushed outside to take advantage of the unexpected sunlight.  I grabbed Sadie and my camera and headed out to the fields behind our house.  You know how they say that you appreciate the sun because of the rain – well that day it proved true.  I tried my best to capture the beauty of the afternoon.  

PS - That song always reminds me of Nick and Leslie's rainy wedding ceremony!




















No comments:

Post a Comment