Cities

Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy birthday, Sadie.

After Australia it was back to reality – grocery shopping, sweeping floors, washing cars – all that good stuff.  But we did have one very happy event to celebrate – Sadie’s birthday!

We celebrated with a trip to the pet store, a swim in the river, and homemade pupsicles.

Our trip to the river was certainly eventful.  Although Sadie was hesitant at first to enter the river, she quickly got used to it and swam 100 yards upstream towards the Japanese fisherman.  The result of which was me running along the river screaming for her to come back and finally stripping down to my bathing suit, running in the water, and grabbing her from the middle of the river.  I thought that she was scared and couldn’t get back to me.  I found out when she ran back out to the river to continue swimming upstream that she was just being a jerk.

The pupsicles were super easy to make and I still have some in my freezer to bring out for the really hot days (which is almost every day here in Japan).

Happy birthday, our Sadie girl.

Pupsicle ingredients.

Mix all ingredients together.

Put mixture into dixie cups, cover with plastic wrap, cut a hole in the wrap, put in the bones, and freeze.
All done!
I honestly wasn't sure that I was going to get the car out of here.
I could feel every rock that we drove over.

Feeling timid.

After her not-so-timid swim up the river.

This is how we had to spend the rest of our time in the river because someone couldn't be trusted.
Celebrating with Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment