Cities

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wildlife Currumbin Sanctuary.

You can’t visit Australia without holding a koala and feeding the kangaroos, right?!  Not in my book.  We spent one afternoon at the Wildlife Currumbin Sanctuary doing just that. 

It was such a crazy feeling walking among the kangaroos.  They were everywhere - hopping, napping, playing, sleeping – just doing what roos do.  Luckily some of them were hungry and we were able to feed them out of our hands.  They reminded me of sweet Sadie, so it was fun being able to pet them and give them a little love. 

After the feeding we signed up for a rope obstacle course.  Let me just say that I’m pretty sure that in America we would have never been able to complete this course without a guide.  It was insane (so insane that I saw some tears), but that is what made it fun.  That and the fact that I went to the sanctuary in my ballet flats, not knowing that we were going to be zip lining through the air, swinging on rope swings, and climbing ladders 100 feet up in the air. 

We finished up the day with the most anticipated event of the trip – holding a koala.  The little guy was sooo cute!  I have heard that koalas can be mean, but not this guy.  He just sat there looking cute and we ate it up!

On another note, since this is my last blog post on Australia, thanks for letting me relive my adventures with you. 

Until next time, love from Japan.






Look at the little joey that was coming out while mama was eating.


This guy was so tiny.  I love this picture because look at Justin's face.  








No comments:

Post a Comment