Cities

Monday, August 26, 2013

The Gold Coast.

I promise – I’m almost done with Australia posts.  On our fifth day we flew to Brisbane to meet up with our spouses!  We were psyched.  And then we waited six hours for them to unload from the ship (one cool note is that we made the Aussie news b/c they were covering the story!)  Even with the six hours of waiting, it was hands-down the best day (and this time I mean it) because I finally got to see Matt again.  I know that it hadn’t been too long, but it was still such a sweet moment to see him again.  We then went from Brisbane to the Gold Coast where we spent the rest of our vacation with a group of our friends.

The Gold Coast was a really cool town with a laid-back vibe.  I didn't get as many pictures here because we were pretty active and I couldn't always bring my camera.  I did sneak a few shots on my phone, though. 

Here is what I was able to capture...
Waiting for the guys.

Reunited!
The funny thing about this picture is that I bought Matt a beer to greet him with and I held out from drinking it all day, but finally after the six hours I was thirsty.  So I greeted him with a half-drunken warm beer.
It's the thought that counts, right?!
We missed celebrating our 4th anniversary together by a few days.
Matt surprised me with champagne so that we could still have our 4th plus 3 days anniversary.

Love this guy so much - even with that stache!









One morning we took a jet boat tour around the bay.   It was ridiculously fun and I would recommend it to anyone.
This is our before picture...
And this is after.


We spent one afternoon paddleboarding - one of my favorite activities.
Matt and I weren't the only ones reunited - so was our duplex!  Love these guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment