Cities

Monday, February 15, 2010

Hello blogging world!

So here I am, blogging from New York, NY, also known as Manhattan, NYC, The Big Apple, The City that Never Sleeps, Empire City, The Capital of the World (that's a bit extreme in my opinion). Casey and I have been playing around with the idea of starting a blog for a couple months now and it's actually happening! We are both experiencing the "adventure" (great word since it can be both positive and negative) of moving away from the beautiful state of Virginia where I lived for 27 years and Casey lived for probably about 13+ years (I'm estimating). We both attended Virginia Tech for college and then lived in Arlington, VA afterward. Arlington was a great place to spend our early 20's after college...we lived together with our close friend, Tina, and adjusted to the working world, Casey got her masters so she could be a librarian, and had tons of fun being near lots of friends from high school and college.

So why move away?? I've moved for a better job opportunity and promotion within my company and was also ready for a new place since I didn't want to stay in the Washington DC area. My fiance, Nick was ready to move as well, so he was really excited for me to get the job in New York! Since we couldn't have two apartments and he needs to keep his job till he lands another one, he's living with our good friends Tina & Joey in Alexandria, VA (thanks you two!) while interviewing for jobs in the NYC area. He visits on the weekends and has helped make our new apartment feel like our home.

So why a blog?? Casey and I wanted a fun way to keep in touch with each other, family, and friends and this seemed like a great way to do it! There's also interesting things to do and see when you live in new places and having a new "adventure" so it'll be fun to share stories this way!

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we will :) Here are some recent pics of New York.

Snowy Day in West Village...view from my balcony

Mom visits...shot in Times Square

Top of Rockefeller Center...downtown and Empire State Building behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment