Cities

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Swimming...Swimming...in the Swimming Pool

...when days are hot and days are cool...in the swimming pool! That's the start of a swimming song we used to sing to our campers at summer camp when it was their pool time. Oh the careless days of summer camp...life seemed so complicated then...little did I know it was the easiest life will ever be!

Recently we've been doing a bit of swimming or rather drowning when it comes to our work! Nick has been swamped, as have I. Selling beer is not a fun job when it involves walking blocks and blocks in this heat, sweating through your clothes and coming home with black feet since you're wearing sandals.

When I took a few days off to visit my family during their TWO WEEK vaca in sunset beach...I got lots of beach time, relaxation time, and swimming in the ocean time. Sunset Beach is where we go every year...Nick was sad to miss it this year, but it's the ultimate quaint, quiet beach town in southern NC. Just arriving in the teeny tiny myrtle beach airport was enough to slow down this city girl....all I could hear were the carolina twangs on everyone's voice around me. Sometimes I really miss the south. Here are a few pics:

Andy, Shan and I beachin' it


Annual Smith Putt Putt Tournament....I did not represent the Guptas very well, I came in last! :( Dad won this year...taking the spot that usually rotates between Andy and Shannon. Nick is usually up there in the ranks as well, but has yet to win the top spot.



Annual Sunset Beach family pic


Smith baby on the way!


A couple weekends ago nick and I were home with no plans and it was great! the weather was beautiful and when it's beautiful here, you really appreciate the city and get out and enjoy it. We went to a new restaurant, Mermaid Inn Oyster Bar...yummmm. the food in nyc never ceases to amaze me and a new bar, the collective....very cool. On Saturday afternoon, we headed to a state park about an hour north of the city, call Bear Mountain State Park. Very pretty and it had a lake, so guess what we did?! Taught Cole to swim!!! It was hilarious and he LOVED it! he was a real natural and was retrieving stick after stick in no time.

only 45 mins from downtown manhattan!


Cole's first try at swimming

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha - just got it to work! Love the froggy jump in the beginning and then the big dive. He really went for it. Now we have to get him into the ocean down here:)

    ReplyDelete