Cities

Monday, February 25, 2013

Home Sweet Temporary Home.

While we are on the hunt for a house, Matt and I are staying at the Navy Lodge on base.  We have heard from others that it may take a couple of weeks to find and settle in a place, so we might as well make this hotel room as comfortable as possible.  Luckily, it has a small kitchen so we can cook a few meals and take a break from going out into town.  As much as I love trying new foods, sometimes you want a simple homemade taco.  It also has American television, so I can still watch a little HGTV before bed!

The great thing about the lodge is that it is centrally located, so we can pretty much walk everywhere.  The really bad thing about the lodge is that they do not allow pets (nowhere on base allows pets).  Sadie has to stay in a kennel that is a short walk away.  We can go see her during their business hours during the week and weekends.  I go over a couple of times a day to take her on walks and to the dog park.  She seems pretty happy and is there with a couple of friends.  She is probably having a much easier time with the separation than I am:)

Here is a list of the small purchases that I made to make this place feel like home:
  • Hamper 
  • Hangers
  • Dishtowels
  • Hand soap
  • Sponges
  • Fresh flowers
  • Library books
It is amazing how much these little things make it feel more personal.  It is important to me that we have a comfortable place where we can return after our days filled with little adventures. 

And if you want to see my feeble attempt to warm up our new digs, here you go...






Please excuse me and my sideways hat.

That stress relief spray traveled all the way from California.  I spray a little bit on my pillow each night and it is magical!
We also have a tradition of making taco salad as our first meal in any new place.  And the tradition continues...
So happy that I have this guy!

2 comments:

  1. You two look happy! Can't wait to follow your adventures! hugs to all and a special one to Sadie!

    ReplyDelete